Sinhala Dictionary definitions for fit
fit 🔊 /fɪˈt/
fit : යොදනවා
fit : ගැස්ම
fit : යෝග්ය
fit : ආකාරය
fit : වද්දනවා
fit : සීහෙනවා
fit : නිරෝගී
fit : උචිත
fit : මූර්ඡාව
fit : ක්ෂම
fit : ඖවත්ය
fit : අනුච්ඡවික
fit : සෑහෙනවා
fit : ගැහීම
fit : සවි කරනවා
fit : සුදුසු
fit : ඔබිනවා
fit : සෑහෙන
fit : ආක්ෂේපය
fit : අනුසීහුම
fit : යෝග්ය වෙනවා
fit : හදිසි උ
fit : සූදානම් කරනවා
fit : ගළපනවා
fit : නිසි
fit : පුහුණුව සිටින
- In Old English, a song; a strain; a canto or portion of a ballad; a passus.
- The quality of being fit; adjustment; adaptedness; as of dress to the person of the wearer.
- The coincidence of parts that come in contact.
- The part of an object upon which anything fits tightly.
- A stroke or blow.
- A sudden and violent attack of a disorder; a stroke of disease, as of epilepsy or apoplexy, which produces convulsions or unconsciousness; a convulsion; a paroxysm; hence, a period of exacerbation of a disease; in general, an attack of disease; as, a fit of sickness.
- A mood of any kind which masters or possesses one for a time; a temporary, absorbing affection; a paroxysm; as, a fit melancholy, of passion, or of laughter.
- A passing humor; a caprice; a sudden and unusual effort, activity, or motion, followed by relaxation or insction; an impulse and irregular action.
- A darting point; a sudden emission.
- Adapted to an end, object, or design; suitable by nature or by art; suited by character, qualitties, circumstances, education, etc.; qualified; competent; worthy.
- Prepared; ready.
- Conformed to a standart of duty, properiety, or taste; convenient; meet; becoming; proper.
- To make fit or suitable; to adapt to the purpose intended; to qualify; to put into a condition of readiness or preparation.
- To bring to a required form and size; to shape aright; to adapt to a model; to adjust; -- said especially of the work of a carpenter, machinist, tailor, etc.
- To supply with something that is suitable or fit, or that is shaped and adjusted to the use required.
- To be suitable to; to answer the requirements of; to be correctly shaped and adjusted to; as, if the coat fits you, put it on.
- To be proper or becoming.
- To be adjusted to a particular shape or size; to suit; to be adapted; as, his coat fits very well.