Sinhala Dictionary definitions for fat
fat 🔊 /fæˈt/
fat : මේද
fat : ලාහ උපදින
fat : තූල
fat : සාරවත්
fat : තෙල
fat : පීවර
fat : පුෂ්ටිමත්
fat : ඝන
fat : තරබාරු
fat : ථුල්ල
fat : තර
fat : මාංසල
fat : මහත
fat : තෙල් සහිත
fat : ස්ථූලත්වය
fat : මේදස්
fat : ස්ථූල
fat : සාරය
fat : තඩි
fat : මේදය
- A large tub, cistern, or vessel; a vat.
- A measure of quantity, differing for different commodities.
- An oily liquid or greasy substance making up the main bulk of the adipose tissue of animals, and widely distributed in the seeds of plants. See Adipose tissue, under Adipose.
- The best or richest productions; the best part; as, to live on the fat of the land.
- Work. containing much blank, or its equivalent, and, therefore, profitable to the compositor.
- Abounding with fat
- Fleshy; characterized by fatness; plump; corpulent; not lean; as, a fat man; a fat ox.
- Oily; greasy; unctuous; rich; -- said of food.
- Exhibiting the qualities of a fat animal; coarse; heavy; gross; dull; stupid.
- Fertile; productive; as, a fat soil; a fat pasture.
- Rich; producing a large income; desirable; as, a fat benefice; a fat office; a fat job.
- Abounding in riches; affluent; fortunate.
- Of a character which enables the compositor to make large wages; -- said of matter containing blank, cuts, or many leads, etc.; as, a fat take; a fat page.
Adjective. To make fat; to fatten; to make plump and fleshy with abundant food; as, to fat fowls or sheep.
Intransitive verb. To grow fat, plump, and fleshy.