Sinhala Dictionary definitions for ear
ear 🔊 /iˈɹ or ɪˈɹ/
ear : ශ්රවණය
ear : සෝත
ear : ශ්රෝතස්
ear : සවනත
ear : කර්ණය
ear : කණ
ear : කරල
ear : ශ්රෝත
ear : ධානය
ear : සවන
ear : කරළ
ear : කන
ear : සවන්
ear : ශ්රවණේන්ද්රිය
- The organ of hearing; the external ear.
- The sense of hearing; the perception of sounds; the power of discriminating between different tones; as, a nice ear for music; -- in the singular only.
- That which resembles in shape or position the ear of an animal; any prominence or projection on an object, -- usually one for support or attachment; a lug; a handle; as, the ears of a tub, a skillet, or dish. The ears of a boat are outside kneepieces near the bow. See Illust. of Bell.
- Same as Acroterium.
- Same as Crossette.
- Privilege of being kindly heard; favor; attention.
- The spike or head of any cereal (as, wheat, rye, barley, Indian corn, etc.), containing the kernels.
- To take in with the ears; to hear.
- To plow or till; to cultivate.
Intransitive verb. To put forth ears in growing; to form ears, as grain; as, this corn ears well.