Sinhala Dictionary definitions for dig
dig 🔊 /dɪˈg/
dig : සාරනවා
dig : කණිනවා
dig : අනිනවා
dig : කොටනවා
dig : හාරනවා
dig : කනිනවා
dig : අංකය
- To turn up, or delve in, (earth) with a spade or a hoe; to open, loosen, or break up (the soil) with a spade, or other sharp instrument; to pierce, open, or loosen, as if with a spade.
- To get by digging; as, to dig potatoes, or gold.
- To hollow out, as a well; to form, as a ditch, by removing earth; to excavate; as, to dig a ditch or a well.
- To thrust; to poke.
- A plodding and laborious student.
- To work with a spade or other like implement; to do servile work; to delve.
- To take ore from its bed, in distinction from making excavations in search of ore.
- To work like a digger; to study ploddingly and laboriously.