Sinhala Dictionary definitions for die
die 🔊 /dajˈ/
die : කැටය
die : නැහෙනවා
die : අභාවට යනවා
die : දාදු කැටය
die : කාලයාත්රා කරනවා
die : කාලක්රියා කරනවා
die : අච්චුව
die : අක්ෂය
die : නිධන ප්රාප්ත වෙනවා
die : නැතිවෙනවා
die : නහිනවා
die : චුතවෙනවා
die : නසිනවා
die : ජන්මාන්තරගත වෙනවා
die : නැසෙනවා
die : ඉස්කුරුප්පු කැටය
die : පණ
die : නිරුද්ධ වෙනවා
die : පණ නැති වෙනවා
die : නැසී යනවා
Plural. of Dice
- To pass from an animate to a lifeless state; to cease to live; to suffer a total and irreparable loss of action of the vital functions; to become dead; to expire; to perish; -- said of animals and vegetables; often with of, by, with, from, and rarely for, before the cause or occasion of death; as, to die of disease or hardships; to die by fire or the sword; to die with horror at the thought.
- To suffer death; to lose life.
- To perish in any manner; to cease; to become lost or extinct; to be extinguished.
- To sink; to faint; to pine; to languish, with weakness, discouragement, love, etc.
- To become indifferent; to cease to be subject; as, to die to pleasure or to sin.
- To recede and grow fainter; to become imperceptible; to vanish; -- often with out or away.
- To disappear gradually in another surface, as where moldings are lost in a sloped or curved face.
- To become vapid, flat, or spiritless, as liquor.
- A small cube, marked on its faces with spots from one to six, and used in playing games by being shaken in a box and thrown from it. See Dice.
- Any small cubical or square body.
- That which is, or might be, determined, by a throw of the die; hazard; chance.
- That part of a pedestal included between base and cornice; the dado.
- A metal or plate (often one of a pair) so cut or shaped as to give a certain desired form to, or impress any desired device on, an object or surface, by pressure or by a blow; used in forging metals, coining, striking up sheet metal, etc.
- A perforated block, commonly of hardened steel used in connection with a punch, for punching holes, as through plates, or blanks from plates, or for forming cups or capsules, as from sheet metal, by drawing.
- A hollow internally threaded screw-cutting tool, made in one piece or composed of several parts, for forming screw threads on bolts, etc.; one of the separate parts which make up such a tool.