Sinhala Dictionary definitions for dam
dam 🔊 /dæˈm/
dam : අමුණ
dam : ආවරණය
dam : වේල්ල
dam : වතුර බඳිනවා
dam : වේලි බඳිනවා
dam : මෘගධෙනුව
dam : අවුණ
dam : බැම්ම
dam : නියර
dam : දෙන
English Verbs with Sinhala meanings
|Present||Past||Past Participle||Gerund||Sinhala Meaning|
- A female parent; -- used of beasts, especially of quadrupeds; sometimes applied in contempt to a human mother.
- A kind or crowned piece in the game of draughts.
- A barrier to prevent the flow of a liquid; Especially., a bank of earth, or wall of any kind, as of masonry or wood, built across a water course, to confine and keep back flowing water.
- A firebrick wall, or a stone, which forms the front of the hearth of a blast furnace.
- To obstruct or restrain the flow of, by a dam; to confine by constructing a dam, as a stream of water; -- generally used with in or up.
- To shut up; to stop up; to close; to restrain.