Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cut
cut 🔊 /kʌˈt/
cut : පීඩා කරනවා
cut : කොටස
cut : තුවාලය
cut : කොට කරනවා
cut : අඩු කරනවා
cut : කපනලද පෙත්ත
cut : කප්පාදු කරනවා
cut : කැපුම
cut : කොටනවා
cut : කත්තුව
cut : ඡින්න
cut : ලූප්ත
cut : මට්ටම් කරනවා
cut : කපනවා
cut : කැපෙනවා
cut : මගහැර සිටිනවා
cut : කපා හරිනවා
cut : අඩු කිරීම
cut : ලොප් කරනවා
cut : පහර
cut : විච්න
cut : ඉවත්ව යනවා
cut : පැන යනවා
cut : කැපීම
- To separate the parts of with, or as with, a sharp instrument; to make an incision in; to gash; to sever; to divide.
- To sever and cause to fall for the purpose of gathering; to hew; to mow or reap.
- To sever and remove by cutting; to cut off; to dock; as, to cut the hair; to cut the nails.
- To castrate or geld; as, to cut a horse.
- To form or shape by cutting; to make by incision, hewing, etc.; to carve; to hew out.
- To wound or hurt deeply the sensibilities of; to pierce; to lacerate; as, sarcasm cuts to the quick.
- To intersect; to cross; as, one line cuts another at right angles.
- To refuse to recognize; to ignore; as, to cut a person in the street; to cut one's acquaintance.
- To absent one's self from; as, to cut an appointment, a recitatioNoun. etc.
- To do the work of an edged tool; to serve in dividing or gashing; as, a knife cuts well.
- To admit of incision or severance; to yield to a cutting instrument.
- To perform the operation of dividing, severing, incising, intersecting, etc.; to use a cutting instrument.
- To make a stroke with a whip.
- To interfere, as a horse.
- To move or make off quickly.
- To divide a pack of cards into two portion to decide the deal or trump, or to change the order of the cards to be dealt.
- An opening made with an edged instrument; a cleft; a gash; a slash; a wound made by cutting; as, a sword cut.
- A stroke or blow or cutting motion with an edged instrument; a stroke or blow with a whip.
- That which wounds the feelings, as a harsh remark or criticism, or a sarcasm; personal discourtesy, as neglecting to recognize an acquaintance when meeting him; a slight.
- A notch, passage, or channel made by cutting or digging; a furrow; a groove; as, a cut for a railroad.
- The surface left by a cut; as, a smooth or clear cut.
- A portion severed or cut off; a division; as, a cut of beef; a cut of timber.
- An engraved block or plate; the impression from such an engraving; as, a book illustrated with fine cuts.
- The act of dividing a pack cards.
- The right to divide; as, whose cut is it?
- Manner in which a thing is cut or formed; shape; style; fashion; as, the cut of a garment.
- A common work horse; a gelding.
- The failure of a college officer or student to be present at any appointed exercise.
- A skein of yarn.
- Gashed or divided, as by a cutting instrument.
- Formed or shaped as by cutting; carved.
- Overcome by liquor; tipsy.