Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cup
cup 🔊 /kʌˈp/
cup : විත්
cup : අත්දෙක කෝප්පයක හැඩ ගන්වනවා
cup : සරාව
cup : කුසලාන
cup : මණ්ඩය
cup : විත
cup : චෂකය
cup : මණ්ඩාව
cup : මලාව
cup : ගොටුව
cup : කෝප්පය
cup : සරා
- A small vessel, used commonly to drink from; as, a tin cup, a silver cup, a wine cup; especially, in modern times, the pottery or porcelain vessel, commonly with a handle, used with a saucer in drinking tea, coffee, and the like.
- The contents of such a vessel; a cupful.
- Repeated potations; social or excessive indulgence in intoxicating drinks; revelry.
- That which is to be received or indured; that which is allotted to one; a portion.
- Anything shaped like a cup; as, the cup of an acorn, or of a flower.
- A cupping glass or other vessel or instrument used to produce the vacuum in cupping.
- To supply with cups of wine.
- To apply a cupping apparatus to; to subject to the operation of cupping. See Cupping.
- To make concave or in the form of a cup; as, to cup the end of a screw.