Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cry
cry 🔊 /kɹajˈ/
cry : හැඬීම
cry : ඇඬීම
cry : කෑගසා කියනවා
cry : හඬනවා
cry : කෑගසනවා
cry : වැලපීම
cry : අඬනවා
cry : හඬ නගනවා
cry : වලපිනවා
cry : කෑගසන
cry : ප්රකට
cry : මොර ගසනවා
cry : විකුණනවා
cry : විලාප කියනවා
- To make a loud call or cry; to call or exclaim vehemently or earnestly; to shout; to vociferate; to proclaim; to pray; to implore.
- To utter lamentations; to lament audibly; to express pain, grief, or distress, by weeping and sobbing; to shed tears; to bawl, as a child.
- To utter inarticulate sounds, as animals.
- A loud utterance; especially, the inarticulate sound produced by one of the lower animals; as, the cry of hounds; the cry of wolves.
- Outcry; clamor; tumult; popular demand.
- Any expression of grief, distress, etc., accompanied with tears or sobs; a loud sound, uttered in lamentation.
- Loud expression of triumph or wonder or of popular acclamation or favor.
- Importunate supplication.
- Public advertisement by outcry; proclamation, as by hawkers of their wares.
- Common report; fame.
- A word or phrase caught up by a party or faction and repeated for effect; as, the party cry of the Tories.
- A pack of hounds.
- A pack or company of persons; -- in contempt.
- The crackling noise made by block tin when it is bent back and forth.
- To utter loudly; to call out; to shout; to sound abroad; to declare publicly.
- To cause to do something, or bring to some state, by crying or weeping; as, to cry one's self to sleep.
- To make oral and public proclamation of; to declare publicly; to notify or advertise by outcry, especially things lost or found, goods to be sold, ets.; as, to cry goods, etc.
- to publish the banns of, as for marriage.