Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cog
cog 🔊 /kɔˈg/
cog : දැත්ත
cog : කුඩා යාත්රාව
cog : නවත්වනවා
cog : චක්රදන්තය
cog : මස්මරන්නන්ගේ කුඩා ඔරුව
cog : වංචා කරනවා
cog : රෝදයෙහි දැත්ත
cog : රවටනවා
- To seduce, or draw away, by adulation, artifice, or falsehood; to wheedle; to cozen; to cheat.
- To obtrude or thrust in, by falsehood or deception; as, to cog in a word; to palm off.
- To furnish with a cog or cogs.
Intransitive verb. To deceive; to cheat; to play false; to lie; to wheedle; to cajole.
- A trick or deception; a falsehood.
- A tooth, cam, or catch for imparting or receiving motion, as on a gear wheel, or a lifter or wiper on a shaft; originally, a separate piece of wood set in a mortise in the face of a wheel.
- A kind of tenon on the end of a joist, received into a notch in a bearing timber, and resting flush with its upper surface.
- A tenon in a scarf joint; a coak.
- One of the rough pillars of stone or coal left to support the roof of a mine.
- A small fishing boat.