Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cob
cob 🔊 /kɑˈb/
cob : කොට අශ්වයා
cob : පිදුරු මිශ්ර මැටි
cob : පාත්තයා
cob : ඉරිඟු කරලේ නාරටිය
cob : ඉරිඟු කරල
- The top or head of anything.
- A leader or chief; a conspicuous person, Especially. a rich covetous person.
- The axis on which the kernels of maize or indian corn grow.
- A spider; perhaps from its shape; it being round like a head.
- A young herring.
- A fish; -- also called miller's thumb.
- A short-legged and stout horse, Especially. one used for the saddle.
- A sea mew or gull; Especially., the black-backed gull (Larus marinus).
- A lump or piece of anything, usually of a somewhat large size, as of coal, or stone.
- A cobnut; as, Kentish cobs. See Cobnut.
- Clay mixed with straw.
- A punishment consisting of blows inflicted on the buttocks with a strap or a flat piece of wood.
- A Spanish coin formerly current in Ireland, worth abiut 4s. 6d.
- To strike
- To break into small pieces, as ore, so as to sort out its better portions.
- To punish by striking on the buttocks with a strap, a flat piece of wood, or the like.