Sinhala Dictionary definitions for cap
cap 🔊 /kæˈp/
cap : කුළුගන්වනවා
cap : කුඩා හිස්වැස්ම
cap : කිරුළස
cap : කුඩා හිස් වැස්ම පළඳිනවා
cap : කුළු වැස්ම
cap : මුදුන වසනවා
cap : තොප්පි ජාතියක්
cap : අවසාන වශයෙන් කරනවා
cap : ගැටියක් නැති තොප්පිය
cap : උපාධියක් දෙනවා
cap : වසනවා
cap : කැප් තොප්පිය
cap : ආවරණය
cap : පියන
cap : ඉස්පයිය
cap : කුළුවැස්ම
cap : වැ
cap : පියනවා
cap : උච්චස්ථානය
- A covering for the head
- One usually with a visor but without a brim, for men and boys
- One of lace, muslin, etc., for women, or infants
- One used as the mark or ensign of some rank, office, or dignity, as that of a cardinal.
- The top, or uppermost part; the chief.
- A respectful uncovering of the head.
- The whole top of the head of a bird from the base of the bill to the nape of the neck.
- Anything resembling a cap in form, position, or use
- The uppermost of any assemblage of parts; as, the cap of column, door, etc.; a capital, coping, cornice, lintel, or plate.
- Something covering the top or end of a thing for protection or ornament.
- A collar of iron or wood used in joining spars, as the mast and the topmast, the bowsprit and the jib boom; also, a covering of tarred canvas at the end of a rope.
- A percussion cap. See under Percussion.
- The removable cover of a journal box.
- A portion of a spherical or other convex surface.
- A large size of writing paper; as, flat cap; foolscap; legal cap.
- To cover with a cap, or as with a cap; to provide with a cap or cover; to cover the top or end of; to place a cap upon the proper part of; as, to cap a post; to cap a gun.
- To deprive of cap.
- To complete; to crown; to bring to the highest point or consummation; as, to cap the climax of absurdity.
- To salute by removing the cap.
- To match; to mate in contest; to furnish a complement to; as, to cap text; to cap proverbs.
Intransitive verb. To uncover the head respectfully.