Sinhala Dictionary definitions for bow
bow 🔊 /bawˈ or bowˈ/
bow : චාපය
bow : යටත් වෙනවා
bow : දුනු ගානවා
bow : සරසන
bow : ධනු
bow : හිස නමනවා
bow : සැවු
bow : පීඩා ලබනවා
bow : ආචාර කරනවා
bow : නැවේ ඉදිරි කොටස
bow : ඇණිය
bow : නැමෙනවා
bow : අලුව
bow : දුන්නෙන් විදිනවා
bow : නැවෙහි ඉදිරි භාගය
bow : දුන්න
bow : ප්රණාමය
- To cause to deviate from straightness; to bend; to inflect; to make crooked or curved.
- To exercise powerful or controlling influence over; to bend, figuratively; to turn; to incline.
- To bend or incline, as the head or body, in token of respect, gratitude, assent, homage, or condescension.
- To cause to bend down; to prostrate; to depress,;/ to crush; to subdue.
- To express by bowing; as, to bow one's thanks.
- Anything bent, or in the form of a curve, as the rainbow.
- A weapon made of a strip of wood, or other elastic material, with a cord connecting the two ends, by means of which an arrow is propelled.
- An ornamental knot, with projecting loops, formed by doubling a ribbon or string.
- The U-shaped piece which embraces the neck of an ox and fastens it to the yoke.
- An appliance consisting of an elastic rod, with a number of horse hairs stretched from end to end of it, used in playing on a stringed instrument.
- An arcograph.
- Any instrument consisting of an elastic rod, with ends connected by a string, employed for giving reciprocating motion to a drill, or for preparing and arranging the hair, fur, etc., used by hatters.
- A rude sort of quadrant formerly used for taking the sun's altitude at sea.
- To bend; to curve.
- To stop.
- To bend the head, knee, or body, in token of reverence or submission; -- often with down.
- To incline the head in token of salutation, civility, or assent; to make bow.
- To play (music) with a bow.
- An inclination of the head, or a bending of the body, in token of reverence, respect, civility, or submission; an obeisance; as, a bow of deep humility.
- The bending or rounded part of a ship forward; the stream or prow.
- One who rows in the forward part of a boat; the bow oar.
sing. or Plural. Two pieces of wood which form the arched forward part of a saddletree.
Intransitive verb. To manage the bow.