Sinhala Dictionary definitions for bat
bat 🔊 /bæˈt/
bat : පිති පහර දෙනවා
bat : පිත්ත
bat : කුඹල් ලෑල්ල
bat : පිත්තෙන් ගසනවා
bat : වවුලා
bat : පන්දු පිත්ත
- A large stick; a club; specifically, a piece of wood with one end thicker or broader than the other, used in playing baseball, cricket, etc.
- Shale or bituminous shale.
- A sheet of cotton used for filling quilts or comfortables; batting.
- A part of a brick with one whole end.
- One of the Cheiroptera, an order of flying mammals, in which the wings are formed by a membrane stretched between the elongated fingers, legs, and tail. The common bats are small and insectivorous. See Cheiroptera and Vampire.
Transitive verb. To strike or hit with a bat or a pole; to cudgel; to beat.
Intransitive verb. To use a bat, as in a game of baseball.