Sinhala Dictionary definitions for ban
ban 🔊 /bæˈn/
ban : අක්රෝශය
ban : පිටමන් කරනවා
ban : ශාපය
ban : මහාජන විරෝධය
ban : පිටමං කරනවා
ban : තහනම
ban : තහනම් කරනවා
ban : ප්රතිෂේධය
ban : ශාප කරනවා
English Verbs with Sinhala meanings
|Present||Past||Past Participle||Gerund||Sinhala Meaning|
- A public proclamation or edict; a public order or notice, mandatory or prohibitory; a summons by public proclamation.
- A calling together of the king's (Especially. the French king's) vassals for military service; also, the body of vassals thus assembled or summoned. In present usage, in France and Prussia, the most effective part of the population liable to military duty and not in the standing army.
- Notice of a proposed marriage, proclaimed in church. See Banns (the common spelling in this sense).
- An interdiction, prohibition, or proscription.
- A curse or anathema.
- A pecuniary mulct or penalty laid upon a delinquent for offending against a ban; as, a mulct paid to a bishop by one guilty of sacrilege or other crimes.
- An ancient title of the warden of the eastern marches of Hungary; now, a title of the viceroy of Croatia and Slavonia.
- To curse; to invoke evil upon.
- To forbid; to interdict.
Intransitive verb. To curse; to swear.