Sinhala Dictionary definitions for act
act 🔊 /æˈkt/
act : පණත
act : කතිකාව
act : බල පවත්වනවා
act : වැඩ බලනවා
act : ක්රියා කරනවා
act : රඟ දක්වනවා
act : හැසිරෙනවා
act : ක්රියාව
act : කර්මය
act : රූපණය කරනවා
act : පනත
act : අංකය
act : කිරීම
English Verbs with Sinhala meanings
|Present||Past||Past Participle||Gerund||Sinhala Meaning|
- That which is done or doing; the exercise of power, or the effect, of which power exerted is the cause; a performance; a deed.
- The result of public deliberation; the decision or determination of a legislative body, council, court of justice, etc.; a decree, edit, law, judgment, resolve, award; as, an act of Parliament, or of Congress.
- A formal solemn writing, expressing that something has been done.
- A performance of part of a play; one of the principal divisions of a play or dramatic work in which a certain definite part of the action is completed.
- A thesis maintained in public, in some English universities, by a candidate for a degree, or to show the proficiency of a student.
- A state of reality or real existence as opposed to a possibility or possible existence.
- Process of doing; actioNoun. In act, in the very doing; on the point of (doing).
- To move to action; to actuate; to animate.
- To perform; to execute; to do.
- To perform, as an actor; to represent dramatically on the stage.
- To assume the office or character of; to play; to personate; as, to act the hero.
- To feign or counterfeit; to simulate.
- To exert power; to produce an effect; as, the stomach acts upon food.
- To perform actions; to fulfill functions; to put forth energy; to move, as opposed to remaining at rest; to carry into effect a determination of the will.
- To behave or conduct, as in morals, private duties, or public offices; to bear or deport one's self; as, we know not why he has acted so.
- To perform on the stage; to represent a character.